Ayurveda is a rich, comprehensive outlook to a healthy life. Though its origins go back nearly 5000 years, the system is as modern and effective than any other science of medicine and most importantly without side effects!
Ayurveda (meaning, the 'science of life') is a system of traditional medicine native to India and now practiced in almost all parts of the world as a form of alternative medicine. Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word, and consists of the words ayus, meaning 'life', and veda, meaning 'related to knowledge' or 'science'. The famous treaties of Ayurveda are Charaka Samhita by Sage Charaka, which describes in detail the prevention and treatment of diseases, and while Sushruta Samhita of by Sage Sushruta, deals with Ayurvedic surgical procedures. The Ayurvedic system recommends restructuring a patient's lifestyle to align with the course of nature and the four seasons to experience complete wellness. Ayurveda, thus, advocates prevention of all types of disease.
Advantages of Ayurveda
- Ayurveda is a holistic system of healing. The treatment is based on the inherent ability of the human body to rejuvenate, to heal and to restore its natural balance.
- No side effects, harmless and non toxic. The treatment is done using only natural plants, herbs, fruits and vegetables.
- The natural ingredients of Ayurvedic treatment are based on the same biological principles as the human body. This is why the human body responds extremely well to natural substances, while it has an in-built resistance to synthetic ones.
- Ayurveda is the most ancient medical system with extensive documentation and an impressive record of safety and efficacy.
- Ayurveda focuses on 'prevention is better than cure'.
Ayurveda & Cosmetics
Apart from the medicinal properties, Ayurveda also has many benefits in skin, hair and body care. Plant extracts and natural substances have been formulated into cosmetic products, according to the Ayurvedic system, not only for the daily care of the skin and hair, but also for the treatment of many problems. One of the major benefits is that biologically active ingredients are easily absorbed into the deeper layers of the skin and influence it at the cellular level.
The plant extracts and natural substances have always been part of cosmetic products since ages. However, pure Ayurvedic cosmetics are without any chemical and can be used not only for the daily care of the skin and hair, but also for the treatment of many problems. Since biologically active ingredients are easily absorbed into the deeper layers of the skin and scalp they effectively influence and treat at cellular level. As discussed above, human body responds extremely well to natural substances, while it has an in-built resistance to synthetic ones. Though natural herbs have a mild effect, yet have powerful and specific healing properties. Similarly, Ayurveda uses natural fragrances of flower and herb extracts which helps calm the nerves and provide relaxation. There are thousands of products available in market and also over Internet claiming to be 'Ayurvedic Cosmetics' by their manufacturer but the fact is that majority of them contains harmful chemicals. Though there is no specific reference about Cosmetology in the Ayurveda, yet these products must follow on the basic principles of Ayurveda. These principles are:
- Ingredients used in Ayurvedic Cosmetics must be obtained naturally from vegetable sources like plants, fruits and herbs.
- Ayurvedic Cosmetics should contain herbs, extracts or essential oils only obtained through recognized traditional ayurvedic plants.
- No animal ingredients, mineral oils, pesticides, chemicals, or testing on animals is allowed.
- Artificial preservatives, fragrances or colors should not be used. Also, alcohol should not be included in manufacturing cosmetics.
Advantage of our "Phthalates and Paraben Free" Products
Parabens can mimic the hormone estrogen, which is known to play a role in the development of breast cancers. Parabens can also cause skin irritation and contact dermatitis and rosacea in individuals with paraben allergies. Bosom Blossom Bust Firming Cream does NOT contain Paraben.
Phthalates are known as "endocrine disruptors" because they mimic the body's hormones and have, in laboratory animal tests, been shown to cause reproductive and neurological damage. Studies have shown that phthalates can damage the liver, the kidneys, the lungs and the reproductive system, especially the developing testes. Bosom Blossom Bust Firming Cream does NOT contain Phthalates.